Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Controlled scrappiness

I was on a four day quilt retreat last weekend in Wisconsin with these wonderful friends...


...and 42 other women from the Minnesota Contemporary Quilters and the Twin Cities Modern Quilt Guild. Thanks to friend Carol E. (on the right, from Giraffe Dreams quilt blog) for the photo.

I worked on this quilt.


Since I used scraps to make identical blocks, I call it "controlled scrappiness." I have loved working on this quilt, and hand-stitching the binding is peaceful and therapeutic.

Here is the back. I love the Dr. Seuss Lorax fabric!


The quilt measures 53" x 59" and since taking these photos I have added some big stitching with perle cotton.

And for something fun, here is the blackboard at the Happy Gnome restaurant on Selby Avenue in St. Paul. I have developed a palate for a good craft beer, although I don't always finish it. My husband backs me up there.


Love the gnomes - so Scandinavian.

~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment