Sunday, March 2, 2014

Textile-related images, Switzerland

Zurich, Switzerland, February 2014:
some memories......



Above two photos: taken through the window of a tailoring shop in Zurich.



Another photo taken through a Zurich shop window: handcrafted bed and bedding, with a contemporary yet traditional folk
look. My husband liked the dovetail detail on the bed frames's corner.

The rest of these photos were taken in the Schweizerisches Landesmuseum in Zurich:



Footwear display: one-pieced wooden highheel shoe with attached heavy woven fabric stocking (there is a mirror at the top of the display case causing the reflection at the top of the photo.) I think they're adorable but  can't imagine walking on the cobblestone streets of Zurich wearing them.


Swiss apparel through the centuries:








Paisley wool scarves (I have one similar to these that I got at a consignment shop in Minneapolis); and the center portion of a huge piece of fine handmade lace:




A fabric sample book - I didn't get the year on it:


Lovely treadle sewing machine with built in cabinet:

(On the iron work under the cabinet it says:"ORIGINAL VICTORIA")



and a magnificent tile floor!

~Andrea

2 comments:

  1. Some lovely photographs here, of your Swiss trip, Andrea. I love the quilted collar at the top especially. Many thanks for visiting my blog and laving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon, Andrea! First of all, how about the sunshine today? At least here in the Twin Cities, it has been bright and beautiful. Let's hope tomorrow's thaw helps us inch our way toward spring!

    GORGEOUS photos of a time and place I would love to research and visit. I could use my French in the Swiss Alps! Thank you kindly for coming to visit today. I am very excited to exercise my writing abilities in a new genre, and I am finally published! That's fun.

    Have a lovely evening! Anita

    ReplyDelete